Humanity Is Productions works with media companies and corporate clients on original short documentary video and branded content for digital distribution. We’re looking for a seasoned assistant editor who is eager to move into an editor role, and interested in mentorship and learning opportunities to make that leap. An added bonus if you’re someone who is comfortable wearing many hats and wants to be involved in the pre-production process too. We’re only looking for candidates based in the NYC metro area.
This is a 6-week contract position with the potential to go full-time. Ideal start date: June 10.
- Organizing and preparing projects for the editor
- Syncing audio and video footage
- Pulling selects
- Creating stringouts with guidance from the producer
- Subtitling, when applicable
- Handling transcodes and deliverables for various platforms
- Media management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere. Bonus if you are comfortable with After Effects, Prelude and Photoshop.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college.
- An understanding of storytelling technique.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to grow as an editor.
- Curious, self-starter who likes to learn and teach yourself new tricks.
- Interest in 1:1 mentorship provided to sharpen your skills.
- Interest in longevity and being a core member of a budding production company, and the growth opportunities that will come with it!
- Ability to work out of our office in Williamsburg as needed.
- Ability to work off of your own edit station to start (we will provide you with a company computer if you stick with us full-time!).
- Flexible and a team player. We are small but mighty, so you’ll wear many hats!
- Opportunity to go on set.
- Experience level: 1-3 years, preferably at a production company or digital video focused work environment.
To Apply: Please send a resume, a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the opportunity, desired day/week rate, and up to 3 work samples, with detail about your role on each project (ie: if you served as an assistant editor on a video, please write specifically what you did as the AE). Finalists for the position will be asked to provide references.
Email: hello [at] humanityisproductions [dot] com
Subject Line: Assistant Editor